Your Managed Security Services Provider
The Information Security Analyst position will be primarily responsible for monitoring networks and analyzing security incidents. Position will diagnose issues and escalate events in a real-time 24x7x365 team environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Monitor client networks for security events generated by firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-virus, and other systems
- Analyze security incidents and tunes systems to eliminate false positives
- Track suspicious activity and events
- Escalate critical and complex events to senior security staff
- Diagnose issues and makes decisions in a real-time environment
- Meet or exceed client SLA’s
- Respond to client inquiries and requests in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner
- Help facilitate and coordinate tasks/projects across multiple resources
- Remotely monitor networks during any assigned on-call rotation
- Perform vulnerability scanning and social engineering engagements
- Achieve and maintain IT security-related certifications
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Must have or be near completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required and 1-2 years’ experience within an Information Technology environment preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional understanding of confidentiality. Security + certification (within first 90 days). Ability to stay focused and work independently. Experience with Windows/Linux/Unix, familiarity with packet capture tools, and an understanding of NIDS/HIPS technologies. Experience and understanding of security monitoring technologies and architecture. Strong understanding of common network services and protocols including SSH, HTTP/S, SMB, LDAP, S/FTP, SNMP, SMTP, etc. Experience with port scanners and vulnerability scanners desired along with a strong knowledge of common network and local exploits desired. Must be flexible and willing to adapt to rapidly growing environment.
Experience with programming languages, network administration or IT security management experience. The preferred candidate will have experience with IT security and audit concepts and may have certificates related to IT or IT security.
Ability to lift 25 pounds, drive for work use, sit and stand for long periods of time, ability to kneel and reach, and vision including focus adjustment. Must successfully pass a Washington State background check. Position will include shift work in a 24x7x365 environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@intrinium.com