We are looking for a capable Information Security Engineer who enjoys security work, consulting, and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space. This position will help our clients and customers make things more secure by designing solutions for protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security and systems engineering.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Consult, engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks in a consultative role
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Privilege Access Management (PAM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), etc
- Exchange Online
- O365 experience
Ability to lift 50 pounds, drive for work use, sit and stand for long periods of time, ability to kneel and reach, and vision including focus adjustment. Approximately 30% travel is required, at times more. Must successfully pass a Federal and State background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@intrinium.com