The Senior Information Security Consultant position will be primarily responsible for audits and assessments against industry compliance standards, policy and procedure review/development, business impact analysis and continuity planning, and advising on general information technology governance for Intrinium’s varied client base.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Use knowledge of information technology compliance standards/frameworks, such as those set forth by NIST, HIPAA, PCI, FFIEC and/or GLBA, in conjunction with IT audit and risk assessment methodologies to identify gaps in compliance and provide actionable recommendations to clients based on their risk, size and complexity
- Conduct business impact analysis’ for clients of varying size and advise on or develop business continuity documentation
- Assess risk in client IT governance programs, test controls, and provide written and oral reporting of results to senior management.
- Acquire and maintain expert knowledge of compliance requirements as they relate to Information Technology/Security, including but not limited to GLBA, HIPAA, PCI, and others.
- Advise clients on security risks and provide recommendations relevant to the situation, considering the size and complexity of the environment.
- Ensure client satisfaction through detailed report review and follow-up.
- Manage assigned engagements to completion in an efficient and timely manner.
- Mentor junior staff members and provide guidance in areas of governance, risk, and compliance
- Research, develop, and/or implement new audit/assessment methods for use in assessing client environments.
- Research and communicate new industry-related initiatives, trends and directives to internal resources and clients.
- Achieve and maintain IT security-related certifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with executive-level clients. Must have or be able to obtain a CISA or similar certification within the first 90 days of employment. Required travel for this position may reach up to 50%.
4 years of work experience in an IT related function. Experience with IT audit and governance frameworks or IT security management. The ideal candidate will have experience with IT security and audit concepts, preferably in the healthcare and/or banking industries, and may have certificates related to IT or IT security such as CISSP, CISA, or CISM.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, drive for work use, sit and stand for long periods of time, ability to kneel and reach, and vision including focus adjustment. Approximately 50% travel is required, at times more. Must successfully pass a Washington State background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@intrinium.com