By Adina Sapp – Knowledge Management Consultant– Intrinium
If you’re considering implementing new technology or restructuring your technical environment, success depends on getting organized and following good processes.
It sounds easy but getting organized can be a challenge and sometimes it’s hard to see how your current processes can be improved. Most companies can use a little help from an objective third party.
This is where Intrinium’s Knowledge Management Consultant can help. Our KM Consultant facilitates discovery sessions with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize desired business outcomes and then provides recommendations to align the people, processes, and technology in order to achieve these goals and get the full return on your investment.
Knowledge Management starts with asking the right questions, such as:
- What goal(s) are we trying to achieve?
- Why do we think this technology will help us achieve our goal(s)?
- Is there an easier way to do this with technology we already own?
- What are the risks and rewards we haven’t considered?
- How can we improve our organization methods?
- How do our processes need to change?
- Do we need to implement new policies and/or better enforce our existing policies?
These discovery sessions reveal things you may not have considered and ultimately will help you discover what you really want to do and how to do it. The next steps may include collaborative work sessions, training, process development, ongoing troubleshooting support, or a variety of other services.
Remember, new technology will not fix broken processes. Whether you are implementing a SharePoint site, a Knowledge Base, a Business Intelligence program, or any other technology, you will not get the full value for your investment without good processes.
Contact Intrinum here to learn more about our Knowledge Management Consulting services.